Instant Amla Pickle (Indian Gooseberry)
This is a mouth watering pickle recipe. Full of flavours and quick to make. Amla is full of nutrients and health benefits but kids generally run away from this vegetable. The pickle variant is an interesting way of eating this healthy vegetable and loved by everyone.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 10 nos Amla or Indian Gooseberry
- ¼ cup Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder (use a spicy variety)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder or Haldi Powder (Manjal Podi)
- ¼ tsp Hing or Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp Roasted Methi Seeds Powder
- Salt to taste
Wash and cut the amla into 4 pieces. Remove the seed and steam the amla for atleast 10 minutes.
Heat a pan and add oil. Once the oil heats, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle, add hing or asafoetida.
Add the amla pieces and saute for a couple of minutes. Then add turmeric powder and red chilli powder along with salt to taste. Mix well.
Since Amla is pre-cooked, it would take 7 to 10 minutes for the pickle to be ready.
Switch off flame, add the roasted methi powder, mix well. Once cool, transfer to a clean, dry glass jar
- Refrigerate for a week and enjoy with rice or bread or just like that.
Recipe credit: https://masalachilli.com/instant-amla-pickle-nellikai-oorugai-recipe/